One of the sad stories of the Covid-19 outbreak is the death of a man in Arizona and the hospitalization of his wife. According to the story, they ingested chloroquine phosphate – one of the chemicals being looked at as treatment against the virus.
It should be noted that neither of them had any of the symptoms associated with the virus. They were hoping the chemical would be a preventative.
In the left-wing media world of Trump-can-do-nothing-right, the President was blamed for this death because he had mentioned chloroquine phosphate as one of the chemicals being looked at by the scientists. The man’s wife even said that they learned of the chemical from Trump at one of those White House briefings. They thought they would try it. I mean, what harm could there be?
The anti-Trump press jumped on the story as another reason why we should all hate Trump. He is killing people. But there is more to the story.
Apparently, the couple noticed that they had chloroquine phosphate in a household product – a fish tank cleaner. That’s right — a product designed to rid the home aquarium of all that mold, algae and what ever else begins to fog up the sides of the tank.
Any death can be viewed as a tragedy, but it is hard to render unqualified sympathy to someone who thinks a fish tank cleaner will made a good medicine. It is even more preposterous to blame the President of the United States – but there seems to be no event that cannot be turned into a criticism of Trump by the press.
It reminded me of a guy who seriously slashed his leg with a Sears lawnmower at a time when I was employed by the company. He sued. He did not win his case. Seems he was trying to trim the hedges by holding the lawnmower over them. It is called a LAWNmower.
There is only one person – maybe two – to blame for the tragic death of the man in Arizona. It is the couple who drank the poison. There is no cure for stupid.
So, there ‘tis.